Keeping Sight and Honoring Tribal Perspective.
The 2021 Summer and Fall edition of The Watch is all about the upcoming in-person Site Steward Annual Conference , October 29-31, 2021. In this newsletter you will find current information for:
1. Conference Registration
3. Workshop Descriptions
4. Tours, Field Trips and Activity Information
5. Site Steward Program Foundation Auction
6. Awards Celebration and Luncheon
The 2020 Spring and Summer edition of The Watch is dedicated to preservation and education challenges during the COVID-19 epidemic. In this newsletter you will find:
1. New Database Launch Information
2. March 2021 Site Steward Conference in Yuma and one day virtual Workshop in November 2020.
3. On line training opportunities
4. Region Updates, Vandalism Reports
5. Safety: Africanized Bees
6. Project Archaeology and Site Stewards
This edition of The Watch focuses on our Annual Site Steward Conference for 2019. On the following pages you will find:
1. Conference Planning Committee Message
2. Link to Register for the Conference.
3. Descriptions of Each Workshop/Tour and Sunday Field Trips
4. 2019 Conference Agenda
5. 2019 Awards Nomination Form
6. Lodging Information
Read about a gathering of local and international experts at the White Mountain Apache Tribal Historic Preservation Office to review the problem of looting. Sponsored by a grant from the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, and in coordination with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the nonprofit Archaeology Southwest, this workshop was the first international conference held at Fort Apache, and the first time archaeological scientists really rolled up their sleeves to learn from Apache people and land.